Re: [EC_EmComm] Interesting Surprises

  • Matthew Redding
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
      That's exciting, but kind of disappointing too. I kind of like KC2UZI. It sounds dangerous, haha.

      I came across this guy's website with one of many online lists of repeaters in and around the NYC area. KJI has a D-STAR machine in Cedar Grove, apparently.
      http://gilbertoperen.com/HP1GAP.html

      This is only interesting because I hadn't seen it before, and just saw ones like these:
      http://www.nationsdial.com/nk2u/
      http://www.qsl.net/n2ffl/repeaterlist.htm

      --mjr

                  We have our own call sign (KC2UZI system). We are listed with the FCC as Essex County Emergencyy Communications. Yes I know two Y's that is how it is listed. I'll work on that next week. We have also applied for a vanity call (NJ2ESX, NJ2EX or NJ2ES). I don't think we can have NJ2ESX because of FCC rules but I wanted to try just in case. NJ2EX should be the next choice. It is available and correct according to the FCC so that's the one I think we'll end up with. NJ2ES was put in the list as a backup. I also thought of NJ2SX it sounds like Essex when pronounced but looks like Sussex when written so I left it out of the list.

                  I will have some announcements about additions to our roster to make soon. Some may be interesting surprises, some have already been accomplished, and others are in the works.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
        Thanks Matt. I sent it on to Ron Boucher to check out for us.

        ________________________________
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
            Hello Brothers,

            The CALL is cool as it is, but it might not fit with the ecomm
            idea..(LOL) I want to thank everybody with the help on the frequency
            list. I have a good list form a local ham, but I will work on it some more.
            It my be a good idea to have a "home " simplex frequency for
            us to use when we are on site. This will take sometime. but for now
            I am looking around 147.555 time will tell..

            Just got back from vacation. I went camping for a week. I made a 80m
            dipole to have some fun at night or if the fishing was slow. Now what
            does that have to do with ecomm? I learned that I could talk to all
            my local club members(W2GLQ) and friends with no problem.( ABOUT
            100 MILES) Lets remember VHF + UHF are great but they have limits as
            well...( please look into upgrading your license class if needed)

            See you down the log
            Ron Boucher KC2SOU
            kc2sou@...