Interesting Surprises

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009

                  We have our own call sign (KC2UZI system). We are listed with the FCC as Essex County Emergencyy Communications. Yes I know two Y's that is how it is listed. I'll work on that next week. We have also applied for a vanity call (NJ2ESX, NJ2EX or NJ2ES). I don't think we can have NJ2ESX because of FCC rules but I wanted to try just in case. NJ2EX should be the next choice. It is available and correct according to the FCC so that's the one I think we'll end up with. NJ2ES was put in the list as a backup. I also thought of NJ2SX it sounds like Essex when pronounced but looks like Sussex when written so I left it out of the list.

                  I will have some announcements about additions to our roster to make soon. Some may be interesting surprises, some have already been accomplished, and others are in the works.

    • Matthew Redding
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
        That's exciting, but kind of disappointing too. I kind of like KC2UZI. It sounds dangerous, haha.

        I came across this guy's website with one of many online lists of repeaters in and around the NYC area. KJI has a D-STAR machine in Cedar Grove, apparently.
        http://gilbertoperen.com/HP1GAP.html

        This is only interesting because I hadn't seen it before, and just saw ones like these:
        http://www.nationsdial.com/nk2u/
        http://www.qsl.net/n2ffl/repeaterlist.htm

        --mjr

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2009
          Thanks Matt. I sent it on to Ron Boucher to check out for us.

          ________________________________
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2009
              Hello Brothers,

              The CALL is cool as it is, but it might not fit with the ecomm
              idea..(LOL) I want to thank everybody with the help on the frequency
              list. I have a good list form a local ham, but I will work on it some more.
              It my be a good idea to have a "home " simplex frequency for
              us to use when we are on site. This will take sometime. but for now
              I am looking around 147.555 time will tell..

              Just got back from vacation. I went camping for a week. I made a 80m
              dipole to have some fun at night or if the fishing was slow. Now what
              does that have to do with ecomm? I learned that I could talk to all
              my local club members(W2GLQ) and friends with no problem.( ABOUT
              100 MILES) Lets remember VHF + UHF are great but they have limits as
              well...( please look into upgrading your license class if needed)

              See you down the log
              Ron Boucher KC2SOU
              kc2sou@...