Information From the NNJ ARES Sectionwide Net

  • George Sabbi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2009
      Several new and important EmComm related items were discussed on the NNJ ARES Sectionwide Net on Monday evening Jan 12 2009, among them

      1. The new NNJ ARES Alert Status Chart (available online at www.hudson.arrl.org/nnj/ares). This chart was an outgrowth of the highly successful NNJ ARES Sectionwide Leadership Meeting held last December. More items will be forthcoming as were discussed and determined at that meeting by the ARES Leadership in NNJ including the use of the NNJ ARES Group for more communications to the full ARES Membership in NNJ. See www.hudson.arrl.org/nnj/ares for information on how to sign up for the List.

      2. The new NJ Statewide SKYWARN Coordinators Net. This net is being done to afford the SKYWARN Coordinators, Deputies and Assistants to have a central communications point during a severe weather or other widespread weather related event. SKYWARN Coordinators, Deputies, Assistants as well as ARES DECs and ECs are requested to checkin on the weekly drills and during severe weather events. Testing of the system continues in an effort to establish as much statewide coverage as possible within NJ and perhaps including the NWS offices in Mt Holly and Upton NY.

      More information on these and any NNJ Section ARES items, is available from your County ARES DEC

      George Sabbi
      KC2GLG
      Section Emergency Coordinator
      ARRL Northern New Jersey Section
      Email: KC2GLG@...

    • Bob Crifasi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2009

        George,

                    I am so glad to see your support for the effort Leon is contributing to the NNJ SKYWARN organization. I have been watching it and am very enthusiastic about it. SKYWARN is a significant part of EmComm. I hope Essex County SKYWARN will do its share in stepping forward to move this effort ahead. We need this kind of leadership on the EmComm scene. This year promises to be a good one for EmComm in general. Let’s all pitch in and make it happen.

        Bob Crifasi

        Several new and important EmComm related items were discussed