"I am looking for a few good men" (and women) to...

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24 1:52 PM
      "I am looking for a few good men" (and women) to work on some of the
      tasks that face us as a county organization. We are in need of a
      regular radio net. We need one person to start the ball rolling.
      One net a month would seem prudent; slow and easy and we can work up
      from there. Any suggestions for which night and time, let's hear
      them. Anyone interested in volunteering to be the NCS, or work on
      building the schedule and staffing it, let's hear from you as well.
      There are many tasks ahead of us. Some are obvious some not. No one
      person can not, and should not, do them all in isolation. It has
      been said here before, and will be said again, this forum has been
      created to discuss the ARES and RACES needs for this county. Shortly
      we should receive the ARRL listing for all licensed operators in
      Essex County. I will be making an effort to contact each one of them
      and invite them to become part of Essex County EmComm and this
      forum. Much of what needs to be done can be accomplished at home at
      you leisure, by phone, mail, email and oddly enough ham radio!

      When the next disaster hits this area let's hope we can all turn to
      each other and honestly say "Job well done" not "somebody should
      have done something".
    • Lawrence Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24 5:55 PM
        Message
        Sounds Good. I know you need Essex County Hams. But in the meantime if I can I help let me know.

        73,

        LARRY

        KA2HJH