Fwd: FW: Ham Radio Training and Licensing Exam

  • Ray Linke
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2013
      FYI to the grouop

      From: phelanti@...
      To: tp3@...
      Sent: 8/7/2013 11:13:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
      Subj: FW: Ham Radio Training and Licensing Exam

      Please see below from the Central West MCC

      Good afternoon all!

      The CW MCC will be having Ham Radio Training for anyone that has a HAM license, maybe even a HAM radio, and has not used your radio or done anything since getting a license.  This training will be held here at the Central-West MCC (Somerset Medical Center) on August 21, 2013 at 10:00am.  If you or any of your constituents has not used a HAM radio since receiving a license, or if you want a refresher on the use of a HAM radio, this course is for you.  Feel free to bring your radios.  The instructors will go over the radio frequencies and repeaters that the MCC has.

      For anyone who does not have a HAM license and is looking to obtain a HAM technician's license, a licensing examination will be held here at the MCC on August 16, 2013.  A review will be at 9:30am and the examination is at 12:30pm.

      Here are a few online sites for materials and practice examination questions:

      www.arrl.org

      www.hamradiolicenseexam.com

      www.hamradiolicenseprep.com

      Again, the August 21st training is for those who have a license and would like a refresher on the use of a HAM radio or has never used a HAM radio since receiving a license.  The online sites all have approximately 350 practice test questions.  The examination is 35 questions taken from the 350 practice test pool.

      Please feel free to contact me if you need further information.

      Best regards,

      Marlin

      Marlin Bullock, BS, MT, MICP

      Central-West Jersey

      Medical Coordination Center Liaison

      Somerset Medical Center

      Office: 908-927-8900

      Cell:     908-458-3177

      Fax:     908-685-2538

      MBullock@...

      Important news about our email communications.

      In our commitment to maintain privacy in all our electronic communications, we are proud to announce the rollout of a new hospital-wide security project, which will enable us to protect confidential information sent externally via email through the use of encryption.

      When an encrypted email is sent to you, you will receive a Secure Message with a link to view your message.  First-time recipients will be asked to create a password before given access to the Message Center to open the message.

      To learn more about our email encryption solution, please go to:

      http://userawareness.zixcorp.com/sites/index.php?b=411&type=1&p=0

      This message was secured by ZixCorp(R).

      Tim Phelan
      MCC Coordinator
      Deputy Essex County EMS Coordinator
      University Hospital
      Emergency Medical Services
      65 Bergen Street, 4th Floor
      Newark, NJ 07101
      973-972-3480 (Office)
      862-849-8333 (Mobile)

      *NEW EMAIL* - phelanti@...

      "The more you know, the less you need" - Yvon Chouinard

      MCCEMSCC SMALLER

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them. If you are the intended recipient, secure the contents in a manner that conforms to all applicable state and/or federal requirements related to privacy and confidentiality of such information.

      =