Re: [EC_EmComm] Essex County EmComm Net (ARES/RACES/SKYWARN), 3/5/2013, 8:00 pm

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2013
      No net this month HOWEVER, a few things to be aware of.

      K2DEE is looking for operators for the Cherry Blossom Run, Sunday, April 7, 2013, 8:30am-12pm.  Contact (ray.k2dee at gmail.com) if you are available.

      There's the potential for a winter storm to impact the area tomorrow, Wednesday, afternoon through some time on Friday.  The computer models are all over the place with this one, in the past 2 days they have predicted anywhere from nothing, to rain, to 8 inches or a foot of snow.  So prepare like it's going to be the worst case, and then be happy if it's 50 and sunny out on Thursday.  If it does snow it may be very heavy wet snow and windy so power outages could be an issue.  Charge your batteries and make sure you have supplies at home and in your car if you must travel during the bad  weather.

      And on the nets front, if anyone could become our new regular Net Control please let me know.

      Let me know if you have any questions,
      Matt

      On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM, <EC_EmComm@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Reminder from: EC_EmComm Yahoo! Group

      Title: Essex County EmComm Net (ARES/RACES/SKYWARN)

      Date: Tuesday March 5, 2013
      Time: 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm (GMT+00:00)
      Location: WA2JSB Repeater
      Notes: NCS: Ron Boucher KC2SOU