Fwd: Newark EOC Request update

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2012
      If you have the skills, equipment, or time to help Leon please reply to both of us by email or reach out for him on the following repeater:
      KB2UET  -  439,200, - offset, PL 141.3

      From: "George Sabbi - KC2GLG" <KC2GLG@...>
      Date: Sun, October 28, 2012 7:11 pm
      To: "NNJ ARES Group" <nnjares@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: "Leon Gauer" <n0taz@...>, "Matt Dragon - KD2ARL"
      <mdragon@...>

      FYI, if you are able to assist with this request, please contact the Essex County ARES EC directly at:
      Matt Dragon, KD2ARL
      Email: mdragon@...

      DO NOT Self Deploy for this or to any ARES EmComm situation. Deployments are only to be done under the direct control of the local ARES Leadership in each jurisdiction. Thank you in advance for your understanding of this important protocol item

      George Sabbi
      KC2GLG
      ARRL NNJ Section Emergency Coordinator
      Email: KC2GLG@...
      NNJ ARES on Twitter: @nnjARES (www.twitter.com/nnjARES)

      Date: Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
      Subject: URGENT - Equipment & Operators Needed

      Good afternoon,

           As you all know, Hurricane Sandy will be upon us in a number of hours.  The City of Newark's Office of Emergency Management needs radio equipment and operators at a few locations to ensure that communications are lost.  Here's what we need:

      Operators at the Newark EOC and at a minimum of two shelters.  Operators should have UHF/VHF mobile or base radios; a power supply; coax; a portable antenna (a J-pole should suffice); and an HT with 2 meter and 70 cm capabilities.

      Equipment  -  We need the following additional equipment at the Newark EOC:

           *  A power supply capable of supporting two radios (a 50 watt UHF/VHF radio and an HF radio)
           *  A vertical HF antenna or a wire antenna capable of 80-= 10 meters
           *  70 feet of coax
           *  2 masts (4-6 feet in length)

           If you can lend the equipment, I will be responsible for it and pick it up/drop it off.  Please advise as soon as possible if you can serve as an operator and/or loan some equipment.  Please be sure to describe what you have to lend and provide a phone number at which you can be reached.  If you can assist, please let me know this afternoon, if possible.

           Thank you.

      LEON GRAUER - N0TAZ
      ____

      There is no effort a man will not expend to avoid work.