TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT - AUXILIARY COMMUNICATIONS WORKSHOP - Saturday & Sunday, November 3-4, 2012

  • Ray Linke
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2012
    FYI - Please let me know if anyone has interest in attending this two day training seminar.

    Ray
    K2DEE

    Subject: TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENT - AUXILIARY COMMUNICATIONS WORKSHOP -
    Saturday & Sunday, November 3-4, 2012

    THE NEW JERSEY OFFICE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IS PLEASED TO PROVIDE
    YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT:

    Auxiliary Communications Workshop - Saturday & Sunday, November 3-4,
    2012

    To ALL,

    This class offering is being sponsored at no cost to students through
    the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Emergency Communications
    Technical Assistance Program (OEC-ICTAP). The course focuses on
    auxiliary communications interoperability, emergency operation center
    etiquette, on-the-air etiquette, FCC rules and regulations, auxiliary
    communications training and planning, certification and accreditation
    and emergency communications deployment. It is intended to supplement
    and standardize an operator's basic knowledge of emergency amateur radio
    communications in a public safety context.

    The workshop has been designed for newly assigned auxiliary emergency
    communicators (AuxComm) or groups who provide backup radio
    communications support for public safety agencies. Typically this would
    be amateur radio and Radio Emergency Associated Communications Teams
    (REACT) communicators.  It is designed for auxiliary emergency
    communicators who work with public safety and emergency response
    professionals and their agencies.  This is an intensive two day course
    with facilitated lecture and student exercises. This course builds in
    time for interactive discussions and exercises. It has been scheduled
    over a weekend to accommodate attendees' regular work schedules.

    Registration instructions can be found on the Announcement.  Deadline to
    register is Wednesday, October 10, 2012.

    Please forward this invitation to individuals in the Amateur Radio
    Community in your County that may be interested in attending the
    Workshop.

    See attached documents for further details.

    Regards,

    Jody Nestor
    Statewide Interoperability Coordinator

    Office of Information Technology
    Office of Emergency Telecommunications Services

    300 Riverview Plaza
    Trenton, NJ 08625
    609-633-0287

  • Ron boosh