SGK Run Sunday May 6

    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2012

      Good Morning,

                      The meeting last night with SGK went well. They changed the scheme from combined shadow/ fixed radio positions to straight fixed positions. Their "VIPs" will now be assigned to fixed zones. The team we have assembled can be assigned and will be able to cover the new situation as soon as we know what it actually is. We have an onsite meeting scheduled for Saturday at 3:00PM and they want our comms team onsite Sunday morning by 6:00am not 6:30-7:00 am as they indicated previously. The comms were the only thing that was still a snag last year and we are providing the stimulus for them to rethink their strategy. The rest of the event is very well planned so I have hope that it will all fall into place and will all run smoothly in the end. They have done this before and have the rest of it pretty well debugged.

      Please get the meeting time and other pertinent info out to anyone that will be working the event with you. Everyone is invited to the Saturday walk through at 3:00pm but this is only necessary for leadership. Everyone needs to be on site by 6:00am Sunday because County Sheriff's Dept will be shutting down vehicular access to parking at the Arena from 6:00 on. We may be able to get you in to park later; but you will probably have to park at the prearranged area at the Livingston Mall and take the event shuttle bus to the Arena.

      We will be operating the event on the 70cm (440) repeater. The 70 cm repeater's output frequency is 447.875 Mhz with an input of 442.875 Mhz. The PL is 156.7 Hz. We will use 446.000 simplex as a talk-in frequency.

      Roseland Amateur Radio Club will be using the 2M repeater for their event. Please do not use it to try to contact anyone for the SGK event (147.415/146.415).

      If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

      Bob Crifasi KC2RFC

      Essex County Emergency Communications Coordinator (ARES)

      E-mail - CrifasiRF@... (Personal)

      Phone - (201) 259-8446              (Cell)

    • kc2aup@arrl.net

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2012
          Thanks Frank, done.

          Sent from my HTC Tilt™ 2, a Windows® phone from AT&T