Fwd: FW: WALK with us. RUN with us. HAVE FUN with us.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2012

      In case any of you are on the fence about helping out May 6th.  This is a major event with the potential a lot of exposure for Essex County EmComm and your individual clubs by helping out.  I'm forwarding the marketing email below just to give everyone an idea of the scope of this event and hopefully convince a few more of you to help us out.  This is not a "race deployment" of calling in times and mile posts, it will be much more providing communications to coordinate a very large multi-agency/group event with a command structure that closely mirrors ICS (without Komen's leadership even knowing what ICS was).

      Thanks,
      Matt

      From: Emily and Lisa at Komen North Jersey Race [mailto:race@...]
      Subject: WALK with us. RUN with us. HAVE FUN with us.

      2012 race simple header

       WALK with us. RUN with us.
      HAVE FUN with us!

      Join us on Sunday, May 6th for the
      2012 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!

      Our Race Day is not just about running, or walking.  It’s about raising money (of course!), but it’s also about getting out with your friends and family and having a blast of a day for a good cause! Here’s the line-up of FUN that we have planned to fill your “feel good” day with good times and good memories.

      race tn survivor tent

      Survivors and their guests are welcome to visit the beautiful Survivor Tent, exclusively for them.

      race tn blue wave

      Stop into the The Blue Wave in a Sea of Pink tent dedicated to an awareness campaign that is giving a voice to the many men affected by breast cancer. Enter the raffle to win a Giants poster hand-signed by Eli Manning!

      race tn kids for the cure

      Bring the kids for child-friendly activities including a Moon Bounce machine, face painting, sand art, clowns and a coloring station. Take the kids to the Turtle Back Zoo, the new Tree Top Aerial Adventure and Safari Mini Golf (all at the Essex County South Mountain Recreation Complex) at a special discount rate of just $5.00/person

      race tn i am the cure

      Stop by the I AM THE CURE® booth to learn more about breast self-awareness. Spin the wheel for prizes and “take-home” educational information.

      race tn expo map

      Visit the EXPO area, and learn about the Race’s generous sponsors and collect some great give-aways.

      race tn tinkled pink

      Get “Tinkled Pink” – browse through our colorful “gallery of port-o-potties” artistically rendered by enthusiastic teams of Race participants!

      race tn pink hair extension

      Get a Pink Hair Extension at the Panico Salons booth!

      race tn merchandise tent

      Shop in the Merchandise Tent and select something to remember the day

      race tn infernos

      Kick up your heels to the sounds of The Infernos, who will be performing from the Main Stage throughout the day.

      race tn cake boss

      Celebrate our 15th Anniversary with cake provided by the generosity of “The Cake Boss” and Carlo's Bakery.

      REGISTER_MIO  Tell your friends
      If you've already registered, THANK YOU.
      If you haven't click here to register now!
      We'll see you there in just 8 days!

      www.komennorthjersey.org

      Facebook    twitter    flickr    YouTube

      Forward to a Friend  |   Change Email Preferences   |   Unsubscribe
      If you'd rather not receive our emails or gift confirmations, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking "Unsubscribe" above.  If you have questions about our privacy policy, contact us by email at cure
      @... or call us at 908-277-2904.