EC EmComm Members and Leadership

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2012

      EC EmComm Members and Leadership,

      In the next couple of months we have two significant events coming up.

      The Cherry Blossom Run in Branch Brook Park

                                      And

      The Race for the Cure being organized by the Susan G. Komen organization

      And Head Quartered at the South Mountain Reservation

      Both of these events give us the opportunity to interface with the County Sheriff's Department and other supporting agencies. We need to be sure of our man power and be fully prepared. As always Ray (K2DEE) is in charge of the Cherry Blossom Run and I urge everyone to follow his instructions and requests. We are gathering all the logistical information on the Race for the Cure so that we may prepare and test in advance.

      Please take part in the Monthly Net tonight.

      Also

      Make it a priority to attend our Quarterly Meeting on Saturday morning so we can get started planning. The Race for the Cure will be a first for us. Both are very large events and well attended. We need to perform well for both.

      Bob KC2RFC

    • hengelke@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2012
        When is the race for the cure? I will be returnining to NJ on April 26th.
        Last Sunday I helped with The Tour for the Cure with 14 hams from the Sarasota Emergency Radio Club.
        Two weeks ago we also helped The Sarasota half Marathon also with 14 hams.
        I would like to help if I am in town.

        73s'
        Harold W2IBM

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2012
            We've gotten more details about the Race for the Cure that we wanted to share.  I want to emphasize the scope of this event.  The numbers are large enough that we really do need anyone who is able to help to participate.  This is a great opportunity for the group and we appreciate everyone who can make it.  Ray has gotten coverage for the Cherry Blossom Run, so if you are looking for an event to participate in this is a good opportunity.
            1. We will need between 12 and 16 operators to support this event.
            2. We are being asked to shadow 8 leadership positions for the organization/race as well as staffing 7 fixed post locations.
            3. This event will run between approximately 6am and noon.
            4. There will be a large media presence at the event and this presents a good opportunity to get the Essex County EmComm name out there and get noticed.
            5. The Essex County Sheriff's Department will be involved since the Race runs through South Mountain Reservation which also represents a great opportunity for the group to demonstrate what we can do and make a good impression.
            Please reply to me mdragon@... or 908-303-3890 if you can work this event.  Please also share this information with any other HAMs who may not be on this list or any other radio clubs or other groups you may participate in.  Even if you can't make the event you may be able to help us connect with operators who can.

            Let me know if you have any questions and thank you to anyone who can assist with the event or share the request for operators.
            Matt

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 10, 2012
                I am in for this event. I will talk to the members of Nutley club. 73. Ron b