Events of Interest

  • jamesblodgett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Hello and Happy New Year! Mark your calendars for these great
      outings!

      The Sierra Club monthly meeting is Wed, Jan 5 @ 7:30 PM @ Northstar
      Middle School. Topic: Learning and Biking through China and Tibet
      with Menomonie native, Mike Peschern. He will share a decade of
      experiences living, working and biking in Asia....with 3 bike trips
      in Tibet as well as trips in central and western China.

      Sierra Club winter outings:
      Sat, Jan 15: Hickory Ridge Excursion. Ski or hike (depending
      on snow conditions). Contact E Wolf ellewolf@... for time
      and carpool info...
      Mon, Feb 21: Moonlight snowshoe adventure or hike. Meet 6:00
      PM @ McDonalds, Hwy 37 & Craig Rd to carpool. Event dependent on
      clear skies! Contact Stupaks stupakjl@...

      An invitation from Emily Blaskey: Fridtjof Nansen Leader Telegram
      Classic x-c ski race scheduled out at Tower Ridge, Saturday, January
      22nd. 5K recreational skate and classical races as well as 15 K
      skate and classical races. The new chalet is ready to go out at
      Tower Ridge.
      *****Emily will send out more information as the date
      nears.....so do a snow dance!!!

      NOTE: Anyone wanting to send out opportunities for get together or
      other adventures, please just email me with enough notice and I'll
      send it out to the biking list.

      Renee Fontaine-Ebel
      Eau Claire, WI 54701
      Phone & Fax: 715-832-1456