sound of science for kids

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2011
      Hello fellow homeschoolers,
      When I was doing field work at Rocky Mt biol. Lab I learned to tell the bumblebees by the sound of their drone. This week I was weeding peas and heard the telltale whir-r-r of a  hummingbird. This week's Archimedes Notebook is about sound
      http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/2011/06/sound-of-hummingbird-wings.html

      Also, for those who may be looking for some summer science - I have a short piece in the "Buzz" section of the June/July Ranger Rick called "Counting on Bees" - have fun.
      ~Sue