Rethinking Education/Rethinking Everything

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2011
      Hi Everyone! Sorry it's been so quiet here on the list lately. We do have a couple of new members and now that it's warming up we should think about starting up some of our activities. Anyone interested in getting together for an archery shoot at my house soon, send me an email and we'll figure out a time.

      If you know anyone new to homeschooling, or homeschoolers new to the area, please encourage them to get on the list so we can share the fun with more folks!

      As many of you know, my family has been going to a conference in Texas every fall. It's called RE which originally stood for Rethinking Education, and eventually became Rethinking Everything. The conference has been a great fit for our family as we gain more and more insight into the failings of our educational system. I'm attaching a link to the conference web site, and even if you're not inclined to go, it makes some pretty good reading. If it sounds like something you are interested in, be aware that early registration deadline is just a couple of weeks away. Here's the link: http://www.rethinkingeverything.net/

      On a personal note, my 12 year old daughter is looking for playmates interested in building forts, climbing trees, flyball, making movies, and maybe even riding horses (we have the horses, some experience preferred). We live near the marina in SC and would be willing to share transportation within about 10 miles. We make enough trips to town each week for dance lessons and would rather not make more.

      If anyone is interested in a get-together at the marina soon, speak up. We're kind of booked for the next 2 weekends, but it doesn't have to be a weekend, 'cause WE HOMESCHOOL!

      I hope everyone wintered well! Kiss the kids and let's get rockin'!

      Carolyn
      ECHO Moderator