Welcome new members! Christmas Party?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      Welcome to all our new members! My name is Carolyn, and I'm the
      owner/moderator of ECHO. I live near the Marina in Spring Creek with my
      husband and 2 daughters, Nikki, who will be 15 in a few weeks, and
      Claire, who recently turned 12. We have always homeschooled and in the
      last few years have decided to take a more hands-off approach, embracing
      the unschooling philosophy that learning is something which comes
      naturally and does not need to come from text books or curriculum. So
      far we're really happy with what this allows us to do as a family.

      I would love to talk with any other unschoolers (or wanna be's) in the
      area. I would also be interested in finding out what methods other
      homeschoolers around here are finding success with.

      New members are encouraged to introduce themselves. Please keep in mind
      that the letter you sent with your membership request was only seen by
      me. No one else knows you're here or what your story is. We are a
      loosely joined group, but the more people that post, the more questions
      that are asked, the more we can support each other in our efforts to
      give our kids a better childhood than they would get in a public school.

      Old members are welcome to reintroduce themselves as well. I know the
      holidays can be busy, but we have at least 3 new members, so let's make
      them feel welcome.

      And speaking of the holidays... what do you say to a little Christmas
      party? I can offer my house if someone wants to help plan some
      refreshments and maybe a little crafty thing or 2 (would gingerbread
      houses be too much!?). Let's talk!

      Namaste,
      Carolyn
      aka; Nevada Fiddler