Halloween Party Request

  • Juliana
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
      Hello Everyone,

      I wanted to make some requests before our pre-Halloween Party meeting on the 16th, so we won't be scrambling at the last minute to get things done.

      First, I would like to quest that each family that is attending donate a 4 pack of toilet paper for our Mummy Wrap Game and a bag of candy (mixed candy bags and chocolate varieties are needed)for our treat bags. Secondly, I would like to request that each family donate a Jack-O-Lantern to help decorate. Lastly, I would like to request that each family make a mystery box. Where the kids can guess what the item actually is and what it represents. For example, peeled grapes could represent eyeballs.

      I have the Charlie Brown Halloween and Disney's Monster movie for the little one to watch. Monique, I was wondering if you would be willing to take care of the craft, Trick-Or-Treat bags we talked about at Park Day. Carolyn, Nikki wanted to make the candy corn bean bag Jack-O-Lantern toss game, would you all still be able to do that? Would anyone be willing to make or purchase gingerbread dough and white icing for the skeleton cookies. I have boy and girl cookie cutters, if we need to bake them here. These will be for the kids to decorate.

      Prizes so far are light bracelets and necklaces. Would anyone be willing to purchase light sticks and temporary tattoos so we can have some more prizes. Also if anyone has more prize ideas, I'd like to hear them.

      Right now we have a Costume contest where everyone will get a prize for different catagories. A Dance Contest. Halloween musical chairs still needs to be voted on. We will have a movie, craft, and food item to decorate for the younger ones, but any age is welcome to participate.

      I will provide bug juice, cupcakes, and 3 pepperoni and three cheese pizzas. I have orange balloons; orange, purple, and green streamers; purple forks and spoons, plates,and cups. I still need to figure out a table cloth. I got the candy guess jar as well. Also, would anyone have a card table and/or folding chairs for the event to be returned after. Carolyn has purchased some creepy crawlies to help decorate and will be lending other decor items. As it stands on the 16th we will be figuring out the last few things to be done and making some decor items as well, which include silohettes for the walls and some spiral hanging items of spiders, etc.

      Okay, I think that is it for now. I'll post again on the 17th,so if anything else is need you'll know.

      Juliana
    • monique heieie
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
        I have the treat bag and possibly another craft ready to go. I also have a rectangular folding table I could bring. I don't mind purchasing something for prizes.

        This Friday is iffy whether Sarah and Colton can go to book club. Brad and I will be in Twin Falls and might not be back in time.

        Monique

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
          No worries about Friday. I have a feeling we are going to need a Plan B as Tyler is not much better and it looks like he will still be sick on Friday. :(
          Thank you so much for taking care of the crafts. I appreciate it. Thanks, I know we can use the table. I figure we could use the light necklaces, bracelets, and light sticks for prizes for the Costume Contest as I have a good amount of those, so we should have one for everyone. We need prizes for the mystery guess boxes, the Mummy wrap Contest for best and quickest (probably around 4 prizes depending on how many rounds we will have to do, so everyone gets a chance to wrap or be wrapped unless the kids decide to do it as teams, either way they each need a prize. We'll also need a prize for the Dance contest. So if you come across something you think is a good prize, I'd say grab it. :)
          Thank you again, for helping out.
          Juliana

[...]

        • Andy and Dana Dyer
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
            Alrighty,

            Put me down for gingerbread . . . stuff and icing.  I'm going to Twin tomorrow and if I see anything interesting I'll snatch it.  :)

            Dana

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010
              GREAT! And thanks. :) If anyone sees light sticks anywhere please grab them.