Re: What does everyone want from this group?

  • jolie7779
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
      I am very interested in field trips! Maybe each of us could sign up to take responsibility for one month throughout the school year to plan and organize that month's field trip so that we can utilize each other's gifts and talents and so that the burden doesn't fall on the same person(s) every time.

      The book club seemed to be a big hit on the board.

      I love the idea of a coop but am currently unable to commit the time necessary to do it right.

      Thanks so much!
      Jolie

      --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "Juliana" <ahrensjuliana@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I really need input to know where to take this group. I would hate to be sharing and working on items, no one is interested in.
      >
      > I know one person is interested in a Coop? Anyone else?
      >
      > Is anyone interested in field trips? I posted an idea and got no response. I also have Carolyn working on one for the Cailfornia Trail Center for Sept., but would hate for her to continue with it, if no on wants to do Field Trips.
      >
      > What I am seeing, is an interest in group activities only. Is my assumption correct?
      >
      > Is anyone interested in sharing? I have only gotten a handful of responses to many of my posts. What I am seeing, is a lack of interest in any discussion. I will continue to post websites, curriculum items, and discussion items like Learning Styles for example, if you tell me you want it.
      >
      > I had an additional idea, to have a BRAG Board, where everyone would share their Homeschool Projects and things they are working on: is anyone interested?
      >
      > I will continue to work on the Groups and Clubs that everyone is interested in, but will stop everything else unless individuals speak up and let me know they want it.
      >
      > Happy Homeschooling!
      > Juliana

    • Juliana Ahrens
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
        Jolie,
        I appreciate you letting me know that you are interested in Field Trips. I am interested in them as well. And I believe Dana and Carolyn are too. Correct me you two, if I am wrong. Let's discuss this further and see if we can get just one off the ground, see how it goes, and take it from there.

        So far, it looks like a Co-op will be to difficult to do right now, but who knows that may change in the future.

        There is interest for the Book Club and Archery. I am working on getting the target supplies this week and setting at least two up. If I have it done before Satuday, our first meeting will be then. Otherwise, it will start next Saturday at the very latest.

        Carolyn,
        Do you still want to host the first Book Club Meeting? Otherwise, I could do it when we do Archery, since many of the kids signed up for Book Club are doing Archery too. Let me know.

        Juliana

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
          Hi Folks,
          I'm sorry I haven't kept up on the conversation. This has been a very busy weekend for me as we are starting up the handicapped riding tomorrow. Then we are heading to Boise for a doctor appt., and won't be back till Wed pm. I am still willing to host book club and have things to add to the other threads, but I will have to get back to you after we get back from Boise, unless I find some time during the trip to write.

          Carolyn