Friday PE sledding; change of plans

  • nevadafiddler
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      Hi Folks,
      Unfortunately we didn't get the big snow storms I was hoping for and
      I don't have enough snow here at my house for sledding. While we could
      try Lamoille canyon as discussed earlier, I would recommend the
      Snowbowl on north 5th street. We were up there on Sunday and there was
      plenty of snow. They have one hill especially for sledding with a nice
      long flat run-out. Lamoille canyon tends to get a lot of snowmobilers
      on the road, which could make finding a safe sledding spot
      challenging. Let's plan on the Snowbowl this time, and if someone
      wants to scout out a sledding hill in the canyon, we can try that
      later this winter.
      The road to the Snowbowl can be muddy in the warm afternoon, but if
      we don't get any more precipitation, it may actually be dry by Friday.
      To get there, go north on 5th street, past the end of the pavement
      several miles, until you get to the end of the road. That is the
      Snowbowl!
      We have extra sleds and inflatable tubes for those who don't have
      their own. There probably will not be any food or drink available on
      Friday, so bring your own hot cocoa!

      Remember: Friday, Feb. 10, 2:00 pm at the Snowbowl.

      See you there!