Fw: [NV-Alert] Special Announcement regarding Homeschool Symposium [2 Attachments]

  • Carl Lucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2010

      --- On Mon, 3/8/10, Barbara Dragon <dragonlady1980@...> wrote:

      From: Barbara Dragon <dragonlady1980@...>
      Subject: [NV-Alert] Special Announcement regarding Homeschool Symposium [2 Attachments]
      To: "NV-Alert" <NV-Alert@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 8:46 AM

      Nevada Homeschool Symposium

      Co-sponsored by NHN & HSLDA

      March 26th ( Carson City) & March 27th (Las Vegas)

      ANNOUNCES the BRING A FRIEND (or friends) special event:

      We had a great idea! NHN & HSLDA would like to invite all registered homeschool symposium attendees to bring along a non-homeschooling friend (or two or three...) who would like to know about homeschooling; maybe a relative, neighbor, pastor, youth pastor/leader, educator, or someone considering homeschooling but is afraid to take the plunge.  Invite them to attend the symposium at a special discounted rate of $20.00/person.  This offer is only good until 3/21/10 or until available space is gone.

      A registered attendee must sign the person up by going to the website, http://nevadahomesc hoolnetwork. com/symposium/

      click on Register Now!! Registration Ends March 19 and then click "Bring a Friend"

      (If you haven’t registered yet; just do so and then register your friend)

      One of NHN's objectives is to inform and educate all Nevadans on the merits of homeschooling in order to maintain our homeschool freedoms.  Perhaps someone you know is always asking you questions about homeschooling or maybe someone you know is thinking about removing their child from public school but is afraid to start.  This would be the perfect place for them to begin learning how parents can take full responsibility for the education of their children.  Our purpose here is to make as many people aware of homeschooling as possible so we invite you to BRING A FRIEND!

      ADDED BONUS:  Registered symposium attendees who BRING A FRIEND will receive their choice of one of the following DVD’s (or both if you bring 2 or more friends):

       Drive Thru History America: Foundations of CharacterDrive Thru History America : Foundations of Character
      by David Barton & Nita Thomason, Ed.D.  (a $50.00 value)

      Drive Thru History America offers a compelling look at the life stories and moral character of nine great Americans. With a delightfully wacky narrator and fast-moving visuals, it will grab the attention of our media savvy children and reveal history as a great story of real people, not the dry recitation of dates and places and battles. All students will be fascinated with this material, but especially boys! They will learn that you do not have to be boring to be a leader with the kind of character that matters.

      OR

      Drive Thru History: Rome and Greece Special EditionDrive Thru History: Rome and Greece Special Edition
      by Coldwater Media  (a $39.99 value)

      Drive Thru History isn’t your typical tour of ruins and dusty artifacts. It’s history as exciting today as it was 2000 years ago! In a style all his own, Dave Stotts speeds through ancient Rome and Greece , giving you a fast-paced encounter with the people, places, and events that have shaped our world and the Christian faith. His adventures include on-location explorations, loads of animations, and narration that's definitely outside the classroom.

      ___