FW: Letters About Literature student contest

  • MaryJo King
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009

    From: LAL [mailto:lal@...]
    Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 9:33 AM
    To: MaryJo King
    Subject: Letters About Literature student contest

    I am the national director of a reading promotion program sponsored by the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress. I'm sending along a brief calendar announcement - a "call for student entries" - to our annual writing contest for young readers. Is it possible you could publish this announcement?  We award both state as well as national prizes.

    Last year, 55,000 young readers across the country entered but of that number LESS THAN 120 OF THOSE LETTERS CAME FROM CHILDREN IN NEVADA!! We'd appreciate any help you can give us in getting the word out to your community this year.

    Our submission deadline this year is December 12, 2009. However, because teachers and librarians (and parents, too) use our free educational materials to assist their children in the writing and submission process, announcing the contest in early October will give them plenty of time to do so.

    For more information, please visit our website for more information: www.lettersaboutliterature.org.

    Catherine Gourley, LAL National Project Director

    Center for the Book, Library of Congress

    570-675-3305