El Dia de Los Ninos

  • MaryJo King
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009

      El Dia De Los Niños/El Dia De Los Libros

      What is “El Dia de los Niños/los Libros”?  It is a special time to acknowledge, honor and celebrate an extraordinary gift we have here in Elko – the gift of ALL our area children.  These children represent the hope and dreams of our community.

      The Elko County Library plans to begin our celebration April 1st with a quilt project.  Quilt blocks will be available to anyone who would like to participate.  Participants are asked to create a picture on a quilt block that represents a favorite childhood activity.  The blocks may be taken home or participants may work on the blocks at the library using the library’s fabric markers or fabric paint.  The completed blocks must be returned to the library by April 27th to be included in the quilt. Adults as well as children are welcome to submit quilt blocks.

      Also during this time, there will be a world map available so that all patrons may mark the place of their birth in order  for us to show the rich cultural heritage that Elko represents.

      May 2nd will be the main day of celebration from 10:30am to 3:30pm.  There will be music, storytimes, games, an origami demonstration, a magic show, and each child attending will receive a free book.

      Watch for more details with the exact event times and the names of presenters.

      Please plan to join us for this wonderful celebration.