We the People Program at the Library

  • MaryJo King
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2009

      Come join the fun as the Elko County Library Children’s Department kicks off their new “We the People” program.

      Each Tuesday afternoon at 3:30 p.m., starting on February 17 and running through Tuesday, March 24, area children are invited to come and learn about other countries. Each week’s special guest speaker will share the differences between life in their country of origin and the United States, traditional costumes, holidays, celebrations, toys, and much more. This program is free of charge.

      Guest speakers include; Sarita Arya from India on February 17, Jimena Diaz from Chile on February 24, Makie Kawahata from Japan on March 3, Vina Cassadore from the Philippines on March 10, Gen Hudson from the Philippines on March 17, and Jenn Hoerger from Indonesia on March 24.

      For more information on this program please call 738-3066.