A Couple of Great Web Sites

  • Carolyn Steninger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2008
      http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/
      This web site has some terrific games for learning the names of the
      states, capitals, and countries of the world. It is not without
      advertisement and does contain links to more frivolous games, but I
      have found nothing offensive yet. My 10-year-old daughter took to this
      like a duck to water and learned all 50 states in one afternoon. The
      capitals were mastered (nearly) the next day and now she knows the
      names of countries in Africa I have never even heard of! The games have
      different levels, starting with an interactive tutorial and moving up
      to more difficult quizzes.
      They also have games for math, science, animals, etc. but so far we
      like the geography games the best.

      http://www.schoolspecialtypublishing.com
      This company offers a variety of school materials for both teachers
      and parents. They've got a lot of stuff on clearance and offer free
      shipping for orders over $30 (limited time). They also have many
      Christian items like banners, stickers, booklets, etc.

      ENJOY!