Legislature Tour/Field Trip - 4-7-09, Please fwd, Thank You!

  • Heaven is our Hope!
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2008

      Greetings Friends,

      You're invited to a very very special field trip.

      It's a Legislature Tour  in Carson City

      Tuesday, April 7, 2009

      Time: 10am - Please allow 45 min for the tour

      Where: Legislature Building, Carson City

      Meeting Place: Outdoors in the front of the main lobby on Carson St.

      Who: K-12

      Helpful Suggestions:

      *Please feel free to bring sack lunches, following the tour we’ll go out on the lawn for lunch. There is no food allowed in the chambers or committee rooms; students are asked to leave lunches under the stairs in the front lobby.

      *There is a minimum of one chaperone per 5-10 students. The tour will be divided into two groups. They allow 50 students per tour; if by chance there are more than 50, another Tuesday tour will be scheduled.

      *It has been requested to meet with two legislators from the Committee on Education to spend some time with, please share with us who (on those committees) would you like to meet.  We’ll need to let them know a couple of weeks before the tour.

      *When you RSVP please include your name, contact number and student’s full name(s). A week before the tour our list of names will be provided to the tour guide; after the tour students will be issued a personalized certificate of visitation to take home. The certificates will be handed along before lunch at the front of the main lobby.

      To RSVP please email HEOF@... kindly respond before 3-25-09, Thank you!

      There is also a neat and informative video about Legislature; to view goto  http://www.leg.state.nv.us/gallery/VideoGallery.cfm then chose NV Legislature Video.

      God Bless You,
      Irene Rushing

      Home Educators of Faith,
      For more information please call 775-544-1908