Re: [ECHO-NV] new to town

  • dave and tammy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2008
      Hi, Amanda, and welcome to Elko! My name is Tammy, and I am on the board of
      the Ruby View Christian Homeschoolers, the group Carolyn Steninger mentioned
      in her reply to you. Like she said, we are a Christian group made up of
      about 25 to 30 families from Elko, Spring Creek, and Lamoille. We do quite
      a few things together, some weekly, some monthly, and some just whenever.
      Some of the regular events we hold include chapels, bowling, art, and
      science co-ops. We've done rocket classes, a fossil hunt, an over-night
      trip to Lehman Caves, fire safety, woodworking, and also participated in the
      Presidential Fitness Program, just to name a few. We will be having our
      kick-off party Saturday, August 23, with details to be announced soon. We
      have children from baby to Grade 12, so all ages are welcome, and should fit
      in anywhere.

      Feel free to visit our website at homeschoolcoop.org to find out what we are
      all about. Since we have taken a bit of a break for summer, not every part
      of the site has been updated, but will be shortly. If you have further
      questions, please reply via e-mail, or give me a call at 777-9199, and I'd
      be happy to fill you in!

      Happy homeschooling!
      Tammy Dachtyl