Horseshoeing and Hoof Care Seminar March 8th

  • Carolyn Steninger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2008
          Brian Nelson, CJF (Certified Journeyman Farrier) from Caldwell Idaho, will be giving a free seminar at Stockman's Supply, Saturday, March 8th at 5:30PM.

      HOOF CARE AND HORSESHOEING

      This seminar is presented by NQHA
      Nevada Quarter Horse Association

      Brian is a highly qualified farrier specializing in lameness and performance horses. He does consulting to veterinarians, owners, and farriers, and frequently teaches clinics and farrier courses through Idaho Equine Hospital. Brian is currently making regular trips to Elko providing his services to the Elko Veterinary Clinic and customers in the Elko area.

      Some of the subjects he will discuss will be:
      - The anatomy of a Healthy Hoof.
      - How to recognize a Hoof Problem.
      - How to tell if your Farrier did a good job. Differences in style versus function.
      - Basic mistakes Horse Owners often make regarding Hoof Care.
      - Getting your Horse's Hooves prepared for the work you expect him to do.
      - Barefoot and Natural Balance: Is there something to them, or are they fads?
      - Should you believe everything you read on the 'net or in equine publications concerning Hoof Care?

      This is not really geared towards children, but kids involved with horses will certainly get much out of it. I will be having my horses trimmed, and at least one of them shod, by Brian sometime that weekend. If you would like to bring your kids to watch, email me and I will let you know when we are scheduled to meet with Brian. Brian works out of the Elko Vet Clininc on Lamoille Highway, in Elko, so that's where we will bring our horses.

      Carolyn Steninger
      cbs@...