PE COOP horseback riding Nov. 4

  • nevadafiddler
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Folks,
      I'm going to try having the PE coop at the Spring Creek Horse Palace
      this Friday, Nov. 4th. Let's plan on meeting at 2:00. I own and board
      several gentle horses which we use throughout the summer for the
      handicapped riding program. I am willing to bring the horses, tack and
      helmets to the horse palace, and give kids a chance to ride in a
      controlled environment. Closed toe shoes are a must, and boots are
      even better. I would ask that folks keep in mind that even though
      these are gentle horses and I am a skilled instructor, doing anything
      with horses carries an inherent risk. Furthermore, the Horse Palace
      may still be decorated for the haunted house. I will watch the horses
      closely to see if this bothers them. Weather permitting, we can move
      operations to the outside arena. I am not trying to scare anyone off,
      but I want to be sure you know what's what, and with horses, you just
      don't always know. I would appreciate help from anyone who has
      experience with horses.
      In addition to the riding, there is usually a huge pile of road
      gravel out behind the Horse Palace which kids can climb and slide
      down. We have never asked permission to do this, but have never been
      asked to stop.
      If somehow the riding doesn't work, we could detour to the Spring
      Creek marina to the playground or the great walking path around it.
      I can be reached at home 753-6164 or on my cell (on Friday) 777-5877
      if anyone has questions or wants a last minute update.
      Tally ho!