Homeschool Advisory Councils Dissolved !

  • Carl Lucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2007
                                                              Sunday, August 19, 2007

      Dear Homeschoolers,

      We are happy to announce that at the recent State Board of Education meeting this past weekend the State Board disbanded both Northern and Southern Homeschool Advisory Councils. This action further emphasizes that the public school system has no authority over homeschooling since the recent passage of SB 404. And that Nevada has caught up with the true reality of homeschooling,  it works!

      The councils were very aware that this could happen if SB 404 were to pass the legislature, and many council members volunteered at legislature to make this a reality. Since the creation of the councils in 1990, the thousands of hours of work the councils have put in has paid off.

      We consider it an honor and a privilege to have been elected Presidents by our respective councils and to have been able to serve homeschoolers in that capacity.
      We begin a new era of Homeschool Freedom in Nevada and call upon all Homeschool Parents to remain vigilant and informed on our parental rights and homeschool issues. History shows that the states that have good Homeschool laws have to fight to keep them, and that complacency amongst homeschoolers is their worst enemy.

      We thank all Nevada homeschoolers for their support in the past, present and future.

      Our Sincere Thanks to All and God Bless!

      Carl Lucas- President, Northern Nevada Homeschool Advisory Council
      Kime King Patraw -President, Southern Nevada Homeschool Advisory Council.