New to Group

  • jones7374
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2005
      Hi All

      I got the group address from the Library. I am new to homeschooling. I
      did Kindergarten with my daughter last school year. When I got the
      paperwork for the school district I had found out that I did not need
      to inform them until my daughter is 7. Well I had started with her at 5
      so... I am doing Kindergarten again this year same concept different
      things.

      Anyway I am looking for a curriculum for 1st grade that the school
      district will accept. There are so many different curriculums out
      there. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

      I look forward to bieng a part of this group.

      Thanks
      Carla
    • jolie7779
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005
        Welcome Carla! I'm so glad that the library info is working to get
        the word out!

        The school district usually has a list of "approved" curriculums but
        as I understand it, you're not restricted to just those. I pretty
        much use the eclectic method (mix and match) and they have always
        approved it. I have a 4th grader, 2nd grader, preschooler and 7
        month old.

        Hope to see you on the "Homeschooling Circuit" soon.

        GOD Bless!
        Jolie

        --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "jones7374" <jones7374@y...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        >
        > I got the group address from the Library. I am new to
        homeschooling. I
        > did Kindergarten with my daughter last school year. When I got the
        > paperwork for the school district I had found out that I did not
        need
        > to inform them until my daughter is 7. Well I had started with her
        at 5
        > so... I am doing Kindergarten again this year same concept
        different
        > things.
        >
        > Anyway I am looking for a curriculum for 1st grade that the school
        > district will accept. There are so many different curriculums out
        > there. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > I look forward to bieng a part of this group.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Carla

      • Paul Herman
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2005

          We have finally moved to Spring Creek.  We have oodles of Mayflower boxes.  If anyone knows someone who is moving and can use them they are free if they want to pick them up.  Just contact me.

          Mary

          P.S. Can anyone tell me about the P.E. program here in Elko?

          P.S.S.  Jolie do you have boys or girls or both?  I have a 4th grade boy, 2nd grade boy, preK-4 boy, and 2 year old girl and a 6 month old boy.