Re: [ECHO-NV] New to Elko

  • Carolyn Steninger
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      Welcome to Elko! Our yahoo group is quite young and not many folks are
      yet in the habit of posting, but hopefully we can be of some help. We'd
      love to hear about some of the group activities your family participated
      in in Tulsa. It might give us some ideas. My own life is a bit hectic
      until later this month, but I hope to put together some classes on
      pioneer life, photography, raptor rehabilitation and possibly soap
      making. I have spoken to people in the community who are willing to
      teach these, the classes just need to be organized.
      If you haven't found the museum yet, it's well worth a trip. I'm pretty
      sure they do not charge admission on the last Sunday of the month.
      Membership does have it's advantages, however, and is worth looking
      into. I am hoping to work with their new education director putting
      together a series of kid's classes in the coming year.

      Carolyn

      hermanp2003 wrote:

      >We just moved here from Tulsa, OK. I would be interested in the P.E.
      >coop and any other extracurricular activities S.C. or Elko have to
      >offer. My children were involved in many activities back in Tulsa
      >from P.E., Art, Drama, and a Homeschooling group that met monthly. I
      >have been searching for other homeschoolers in this area and finally
      >was told about this Yahoo group. Any direction you can give me on how
      >to get to know the area and what extracurricular activities are
      >available would be greatly appreciated. I have 5 kids DS-9, DS-7, DS-
      >4, DD-2 and DS 5 Mo. Thank You
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • herbalyyys
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2006
        sorry if i am late, but just read this...I am one of the new gals
        here, and I noticed you want to do Raptor rehab and soapmaking
        etc...well I worked at a Vet clinic for almost 7 yrs and rehabbed a
        LOT of hawks and owls and such, so I would love to help if I am
        able. Also I have a soapmaking business and would LOVE to do
        something like that too-I do the CP and M&P which is sooo easy for
        kids to do(mine help and range from 2.5yrs,4.5yrs, and just 6).Let
        me know! I can talk kids or soap ALLLLL DAY hahahah!