Used Curriculum Sale and Educational Workshops this weekend - Reno

  • Heaven is our Hope!
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      You're invited to a Used Curriculum and Bake Sale & Educational Homeschool Workshops
      This Saturday, May 12, 2007
      Where: The Church, 1205 N. Mc Carran - Reno (directions: 395N, turn
      off on exit 70, go left on Mc carran - near Clear Acer)
      Time: Sale 10am-2pm; Workshops 12:45-2:45pm
      It's Free: Donations welcomed.
      Hosted by Home Educators of Faith

       Workshop Hours: 12:30-2:45pm in Sanctuary

      Guest Speakers:
      12:30-1:30pm - Frank Schnorbus, Nevada Homeschool Leader
      "Feelings of Inadequacy When Homeschooling" and Presenting a
      Homeschool Legal Update on  "SB 404" Bring your homeschooling
      questions!
      apprehension, fear and panic when the moment comes to actually
      homeschool your child.
      And now you're actually doing it, and you know for sure that you're
      not up to the task!  All of your friends tell you how well they're
      doing, and how well their children are doing.  Come and look, and
      laugh, at our homeschool. You WILL feel better!  You CAN homeschool!

      1:45-2:45pm - Former Assemblywoman Sharron Angle:
      "Applied Political Science"  (This is different from what we learn in
      a government class.)
       impact your legislators so that they listen to your cause. How to
      maneuver on the legislative website and the resources that can be
      found there. How to read a bill without being a lawyer.

       We have still have a few tables available.
      *If you like to reserve a table to sell your unwanted curriculum and educational books contact Irene @ 673-1004. Cost per table is $5.
      Would you like to help by baking for the Bake Sale contact Lisa @ 775-
      250-0474. Bake goods drop off: Friday, May 11, from 9am to 4:30pm @
      HEOF, 933 Pyramid Way, Sparks.

      All proceeds will go toward the 2008 Northern Homeschool Conference Fund.

      Come and support the event! Please pass this email along to
      others and to your groups! We look forward to seeing you!
      For more information please call 775-544-1908.

      Home Educators of Faith
      www.homeeducatorsoffaith.org