child safety program

  • nevadafiddler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2005
      This is from a friend of mine in Ithaca, NY. I just ordered the yello
      Dyno program and will be willing to share the videos and cds. Maybe we
      could put together a class for homeschool kids. My friend co-led a
      learning/disscusion group based on these books, and I could ask her
      for some ideas. Anyone interested?

      "Two excellent books on how to give your kids the skills they need to keep
      themselves safe are "Protecting the Gift" by Gavin de Becker and "Raising
      Safe Kids in an Unsafe World" put out by the Yello Dyno program
      (yellodyno.com). Both take the approach of empowering children and
      teaching
      them (and parents) to trust their intuition. When a situation or a person
      feels uncomfortable, act. This approach is far more effective than the
      rules
      many of us were raised with (such as "never talk to strangers")."