Re: Get-together

  • Breanna Teintze
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2013
      Sounds awesome!  We can't do it on the 25th, unfortunately, because we have to be at my son's endocrinologist appointment in Salt Lake that day.  But if it works for everyone else, don't let us change the date!

      BTW, for a book for the adults in the group one suggestion would be a book I really enjoyed, "The Well-Adjusted Child" by (??) Gathercole.  (I forget her first name.  Ruth or Rachel I think.)  A more classical (fictions) suggestion...I don't know how long of a book everyone wants, and what preferences are for subject matter, but what about Gulliver's Travels?  Nothing like Swift's bathroom humor to liven up a discussion. ;)

      Cheers,

      Breanna
    • Erica Pheysey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
        Okay,
        So for the kiddos we are reading Wind in the Willows and are going to meet November first at my house. (time-TBD)
        So far it sounds as if there is weakly more interest in an adult reading group and once again Breanna has come through in proposing the books -
        Gulliver's Travel is a favorite of mine, so I would be up for that. I have somewhat recently gotten into reading a few parenting style/schooling book and might be up for that too. What do the others that expressed interest in doing an adult reading group think?

        Cheers,
        erica