Re: [ECHO-NV] Re: BOOK GROUP INTEREST? and We will be getting together again soon!

  • Erica Pheysey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
      Okay Breanna, Wind in the Willows is on the list. Anyone else want to pipe up with suggestions, just email me and I will get a master list going.
      I'd be up for a adult book group too.

      Email books for kids to read to : pheyter@...

      On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM, jennetta <CnJBILLHIMER@...> wrote:
      This looks fun!

      How about starting a book group for homeschooling parents too? Anyone interested?

      Jennetta
      Ruby Valley

      --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, Breanna Teintze <breanna.teintze@...> wrote:

      > How about Wind in the Willows, then?  If we have a get-together it should
      > be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea.  The food in that book
      > always sounds so delicious. :)
      >
      > Breanna

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          ECHO-NV-digest@yahoogroups.com
          ECHO-NV-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Erica Pheysey
      801-874-5302 cell

      "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
      but in having new eyes."
      — Marcel Proust
    • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
        Jennetta, good idea!!

        Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 26, 2013
          Book groups are cool. Our library is hosting a "tween" group for readers this summer. The multi-county system has book group kits that come in a box: ten copies of a book plus a leader's guide with activity ideas. That's for the kids.
          They also have book club kits for adults.
          Maybe your library system does too?

          Speaking of books, I have posted a review today for STEM Friday with a link to other reviews - and there are some good books in this week's round up. On Monday I'm hosting a nonfiction round-up of books.

          So if you're looking for nonfiction (bios, STEM, etc) think about getting an email subscription so new reviews come to your box.
          Sally's Bookshelf (fiction, nf, author interviews, etc) http://sallysbookshelf.blogspot.com/
          Archimedes notebook (STEM books, hands-on science)http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/

          enjoy summer reading!
          ~Sue