Re: BOOK GROUP INTEREST? and We will be getting together again soon!

  • Breanna Teintze
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 24, 2013
      How about Wind in the Willows, then?  If we have a get-together it should be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea.  The food in that book always sounds so delicious. :)

      Breanna
    • jennetta
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
        This looks fun!

        How about starting a book group for homeschooling parents too? Anyone interested?

        Jennetta
        Ruby Valley

        --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, Breanna Teintze <breanna.teintze@...> wrote:

        > How about Wind in the Willows, then? If we have a get-together it should
        > be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea. The food in that book
        > always sounds so delicious. :)
        >
        > Breanna

      • Erica Pheysey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
          Okay Breanna, Wind in the Willows is on the list. Anyone else want to pipe up with suggestions, just email me and I will get a master list going.
          I'd be up for a adult book group too.

          Email books for kids to read to : pheyter@...

          On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM, jennetta <CnJBILLHIMER@...> wrote:
          This looks fun!

          How about starting a book group for homeschooling parents too? Anyone interested?

          Jennetta
          Ruby Valley

          --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, Breanna Teintze <breanna.teintze@...> wrote:

          > How about Wind in the Willows, then?  If we have a get-together it should
          > be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea.  The food in that book
          > always sounds so delicious. :)
          >
          > Breanna

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              ECHO-NV-digest@yahoogroups.com
              ECHO-NV-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          Erica Pheysey
          801-874-5302 cell

          "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
          but in having new eyes."
          — Marcel Proust
        • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 25, 2013
            Jennetta, good idea!!

            Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

            [ECHO-NV] Re: BOOK GROUP INTEREST? and We will be getting together again soon!

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 26, 2013
              Book groups are cool. Our library is hosting a "tween" group for readers this summer. The multi-county system has book group kits that come in a box: ten copies of a book plus a leader's guide with activity ideas. That's for the kids.
              They also have book club kits for adults.
              Maybe your library system does too?

              Speaking of books, I have posted a review today for STEM Friday with a link to other reviews - and there are some good books in this week's round up. On Monday I'm hosting a nonfiction round-up of books.

              So if you're looking for nonfiction (bios, STEM, etc) think about getting an email subscription so new reviews come to your box.
              Sally's Bookshelf (fiction, nf, author interviews, etc) http://sallysbookshelf.blogspot.com/
              Archimedes notebook (STEM books, hands-on science)http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/

              enjoy summer reading!
              ~Sue