Re: BOOK GROUP INTEREST? and We will be getting together again soon!

  • Breanna Teintze
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 24 6:51 AM
      Sounds great!  Are we taking suggestions for the list yet, or do we already have a list?

      Breanna
    • Pheyter
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 24 9:06 AM
        A list is open for suggestions. I was thinking we could just rotate through all the kids picking from it.

        Hope to hear from more people!!!!

        Erica

      • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 24 9:18 AM
          Hi! We are interested!
          Amy

          Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 24 1:05 PM
            How about Wind in the Willows, then?  If we have a get-together it should be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea.  The food in that book always sounds so delicious. :)

            Breanna
          • jennetta
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 25 2:20 PM
              This looks fun!

              How about starting a book group for homeschooling parents too? Anyone interested?

              Jennetta
              Ruby Valley

              --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, Breanna Teintze <breanna.teintze@...> wrote:

              > How about Wind in the Willows, then? If we have a get-together it should
              > be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea. The food in that book
              > always sounds so delicious. :)
              >
              > Breanna

            • Erica Pheysey
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 25 2:23 PM
                Okay Breanna, Wind in the Willows is on the list. Anyone else want to pipe up with suggestions, just email me and I will get a master list going.
                I'd be up for a adult book group too.

                Email books for kids to read to : pheyter@...

                On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM, jennetta <CnJBILLHIMER@...> wrote:
                This looks fun!

                How about starting a book group for homeschooling parents too? Anyone interested?

                Jennetta
                Ruby Valley

                --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, Breanna Teintze <breanna.teintze@...> wrote:

                > How about Wind in the Willows, then?  If we have a get-together it should
                > be easy to have folks bring stuff for English tea.  The food in that book
                > always sounds so delicious. :)
                >
                > Breanna

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    ECHO-NV-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    ECHO-NV-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                Erica Pheysey
                801-874-5302 cell

                "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
                but in having new eyes."
                — Marcel Proust
              • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 25 3:06 PM
                  Jennetta, good idea!!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 26 6:23 AM
                    Book groups are cool. Our library is hosting a "tween" group for readers this summer. The multi-county system has book group kits that come in a box: ten copies of a book plus a leader's guide with activity ideas. That's for the kids.
                    They also have book club kits for adults.
                    Maybe your library system does too?

                    Speaking of books, I have posted a review today for STEM Friday with a link to other reviews - and there are some good books in this week's round up. On Monday I'm hosting a nonfiction round-up of books.

                    So if you're looking for nonfiction (bios, STEM, etc) think about getting an email subscription so new reviews come to your box.
                    Sally's Bookshelf (fiction, nf, author interviews, etc) http://sallysbookshelf.blogspot.com/
                    Archimedes notebook (STEM books, hands-on science)http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/

                    enjoy summer reading!
                    ~Sue