We are moving to Spring Creek/Elko with a few ?s

  • cmeg907
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2013
      Hello, my name is Megan. Our family will be moving to Spring Creek/Elko next month. We have been homeschooling our children (daughter 15yo, son 12yo and a son 6yo)for 11 years.
      I am wondering is there a co op?
      Is there a group that meets for park days, field trips, or activities?
      What other resources are available to homeschoolers in the area?
      Thank you,
      Megan
    • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2013
        Hi Megan! Welcome to Spring Creek :) We do get together occasionally. We basically communicate through this email group. Anybody who wants to organize something just speaks up and whoever is interested jumps in.

        I am Amy and I homeschool my 6yo son. We also have a 15mo boy.
        Hope to meet you soon :)

        Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8, 2013
            Hi Megan, So glad you found us here. I'm Carolyn, the moderator of this group, but sadly, not very active in it. I'm currently unschooling my 2 teenage daughters (14 and 17) and we are very happy and very busy! My daughters both dance, ride horses, and are active in the local branch of Amtgard, a medieval reenactment group that meets in the city park behind the museum every Saturday at or before noon.

            Please feel free to use this board to find folks to connect with; perhaps share some of your kids' passions and folks here may be able to tell you where those things are happening around town.

            If you are looking for a more active hs group, you can ask about the christian homeschool group in the area. I don't have their contact information but I'm sure there are folks here that do.

            Anyway, welcome to Spring Creek.

            Carolyn