Science Poetry and nest-building; it's STEM Friday!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2013
      If you’re looking for some poems to inspire your outdoor-loving kid to put pencil to paper, check out Amy Ludwig VanDerwater’s new book, Forest Has a Song. I’ve posted a review – and interview with Amy – plus lots of fun stuff to do over at Sally’s Bookshelf.

      Since it’s Poetry Month, STEM Friday is featuring some STEM poetry.

      It’s also migration season and songbirds are returning to their northern stomping grounds. I think I saw our phoebes… Very soon they’ll be patching up their nests. You can help nest-building birds by putting out some natural materials for them to incorporate into their woven/mud-patched and otherwise cool domiciles. Tips for bird-lovers at Archimedes Notebook.