Science resources & picture books

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2013
      It's STEM Friday - and that means science resources for kids & adults who love to investigate science with children.
      I was fooled by a couple days of sun and thought that leaves - or at the very least our forsythia - would be breaking bud by now. Ha! The blue jays and juncos were hiding in the snow-covered branches yesterday.
      Still - if and when spring ever comes, I've got some hands-on leaf activities at Archimedes Notebook (http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/2013/03/leaf-watching.html)
      And over at Sally's Bookshelf I've posted a review of "First Dog Fala" - another presidential bio through the eyes of a first pet. But there's more: links to cool resources on presidential pups and a game, plus it's Perfect Picture Book Friday which means links to lots of cool picture book reviews. (http://sallysbookshelf.blogspot.com/2013/03/first-dog-fala.html)
      Hope this helps fills the homeschool wish-list for stuff to do on yet another "where did spring go" upstate NY day....
      ~Sue
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2014
        If you're looking for a book that encourages girls to explore engineering - check out Rosie Revere, Engineer at the STEM Friday blog
        Over at my Archimedes Notebook blog you'll find some resources for kids to explore engineering
        Meanwhile, I'm delving into biographical haiku with "Cool Melons Turn to Frogs" at Sally's Bookshelf
        It's part of Perfect Picture Book Fridays, which means you'll find lots of book-extending activities
        Make sure to drop by Susanna Hill's blog to find links to lots more picture books - and related activities.