science and art - two interviews with science book illustrators

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2013
      It's STEM Friday & that means resources for exploring the world of science, technology, engineering and math.
      Today I've posted reviews of two just-published books:
      A Place for Turtles, by award-winning author Melissa Stewart, and
      Stripes of All Types, by award-winning Susan Stockdale

      I also include interviews with the illustrators - Susan Stockdale is an author/illustrator & so we talk about the process of integrating artistic research and writing. Higgins Bond, who illustrated Stewart's "A Place For" series has a different style of art that complements those books. Despite the differences in art style, both illustrators agree that research is essential to their work.
      What a cool way to connect art and science, eh?
      Here's the links (paste into browser if link doesn't work)

      Enjoy the day,
      Sue