Re: [ECHO-NV] Digest Number 706

  • Erica Pheysey
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16, 2013

      Welcome Elisa! We hope to see you. Most of us are in SC too, though we have people in Elko and Wells also.
      Did you get the email about the bubble experiment in two weeks?
      Erica

      On Mar 16, 2013 8:29 AM, "Elisa Liebelt" <elisaliebelt@...> wrote:

      Hello our family would be very interested in some science adventures! We live out in spring creek but would be very excited to join in on field trips! I didn't realize that this group was active this way. We have 3 children schooling at home and one in the high school out here. Our ages are 2, 4 and 9. Hope to hear from you all soon.
      Elisa liebelt

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 16, 2013, at 7:46 AM, Erica Pheysey <pheyter@...> wrote:

      Well, I guess we have four geologists in the group then! Mark, myself, my husband John, and Arwen's husband--in a place like Elko, they are easy to come across. I was planning a fossil field trip as soon as things warmed and dried up bit more.

      Jeanetta- are you looking for an older age kids group than what we have so far?  Right now we have from 10 months to nine year olds coming. Currently we meet every other week. I'd like to get to weekly though. And I'm planning on starting some group projects together-science stuff, anything.

      Erica

      On Mar 15, 2013 11:45 PM, <CnJBILLHIMER@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know of any geologists, paleontologist, or other kinds of scientists who might be interested in doing some kind of presentation for the Elko homeschoolers? Is there someone in this group even, who could talk to us about how the mountains in the area were formed, and how we get the different kinds of rocks that we do in the area? Are there places to dig fossils around here? Other neat things to do for hands-on study of the earth in the Elko area? Even perhaps someone at the mines?

      Jennetta
      Ruby Valley