2 Local Young Adult Authors visit the Elko County Library

  • MaryJo King
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013

      Two local Young Adult authors, Ashley Lavering and M. R. Polish will visit the Elko County Library Saturday, March 23, from 2:00 to 4:00.  Both authors will be reading from their latest books; Lavering’s “Star Cursed” and Polish’s “Wolf Spell.” Along with author readings there will be prizes, a Question and Answer Time, and of course the authors will their books for and will autograph them.   $1.00from each sold will be donated to the fund for E.I.A.A. students traveling to Washington D.C. this year.

      “Star Cursed” by Ashley Lavering

                     Will one moon cycle be long enough for Tayla to conquer her wolf and remain human?  Or will she become a permanent member of Beast’s pack?  Tangled in a web of wills, Tayla must risk everything to break the Curse of the Beast and find true love, but failure and possible death loom dangerously overhead.

      Ashley Lavering – Author Bio:

      A nomad at heart, I currently claims Nevada as my home.  I have a wonderful husband and two young children that put up with my “writing time.”  When not pondering a spell that will magically calm the ferocious winds that plague the plague the air around me, you can find me with notepad in hand frantically jotting down ideas in those short moments between caring for my girls and working full time at the Elko Institute for Academic Achievement.

      Art and science have always been my yin and yang. Throughout my college career, I shifted between the two, but graduated with a Bachelors of Mathematics and Science from the University of Wyoming.

      “Wolf Spell” by R. M Polish

      Esmerelda is forced into a world that she never knew existed with magic and vampires. With her guardian by her side, she learns about her past…and her future. But nothing prepares her for the reality of what she must accomplish. She must awaken five dead witches in order to save not only her life, but those around her. Can Es do the unthinkable and awaken them from their graves before time runs out?

      M.R. Polish – Author Bio

      If I am not producing magic potions, traveling to far off lands and falling in love with mythical creatures, then I am awake – tripping over toys, chasing my four kids and conjuring ways to unknowingly booby trap our house for my husband. (Yes its unknowingly, I swear I never placed the tiny plastic army man in his path for him to find in the dark of midnight!) I love my husband and our wonderful children (all of whom help with the booby traps!) We are Nevadians and are happy, although I envy and miss the beautiful mountains of Idaho and I love the South. I love writing Young Adult and Adult Fantasy and Paranormal with Romance, although you never know what could show up in my books!

      Mary Jo King

      Children's Librarian

      Elko County Library

      Elko, NV