Science Books & fun

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      Today is STEM Friday in the blog world, and also "Perfect Picture Book Friday" where people share their fav. picture books plus activities to extend and enhance the book.
      So I've got a couple for you today:
      At Sally's Bookshelf I've reviewed a picture book that is also science: You are Stardust. It's about our connection with nature and has interesting illustrations. Instead of drawings, the artist constructed dioramas and then took photos of parts of those large 3-D structures to illustrate the story.
      At Archimedes Notebook I'm looking at cool names for animals - another browsable book by Dawn Cusick. Just plain fun to wander through on a cloudy gray end of winter (I hope) day...
      Each blog has links to the blog-gathering sites so you can check out more cool picture books and science-related resources.
      Have fun,
      ~Sue