some great books in case you're snowed in...

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013
      (which we are, here in NY)
      What with all the getting-ready-for-blizzard and baking cookies in case the power went out, I completely forgot it was STEM Friday yesterday. And there were lots of good resources...
      At Archimedes Notebook I'm continuing with "cabin fever" reading & this week review "Animal Show-Offs" - which is a fun book because it is so browseable and kids are sure to find something to entice them into reading
      Over at Sally's Bookshelf I've posted a review of East Dragon, West Dragon - right in time for Chinese New Year (or if you're in Ithaca - Tibetan LOSAR which will be celebrated Monday Feb 11 at Nomgyal Monastery at 9 am (it's really cool celebration).

      Have fun & Happy New Year!
      ~Sue Heavenrich