Re: [ECHO-NV] Re: New to NV and Homeschooling

  • Amy Sue Davis
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 17, 2013
      I am free most days to get together. Sunday and Monday are hubby's days off so we spend those with him. Yes, we live in Spring Creek. But we will go to Elko or Wells occasionally to get together with others.  I have to say I am a wimp to the cold so we won't be braving the sledding days :) When the weather warms up, we look forward to outdoor activities.  Also, does anyone do any specialized classes like music or art or...??

      Amy

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 18, 2013
        Amy and Rebecca,
        Okay, let's set something in motion. How about, Tues, Jan. 29th--10am?
        Does that time/day work for you guys? We could either meet at my house in SC or in Elko at the library so Rebecca doesn't have to drive so far and so we can just meet and see if we are a good fit for each other in terms of what we want to do.
        I'd love to talk with you guys. Call anytime, 775-299-4284 Erica

      • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 18, 2013
          Hi Erica,
          Thank you for taking the initiative to get this started! I am gone that Tuesday to SLC :( how about Wednesday?

          Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

          [ECHO-NV] Re: New to NV and Homeschooling

          Amy and Rebecca,
          Okay, let's set something in motion. How about, Tues, Jan. 29th--10am?
          Does that time/day work for you guys? We could either meet at my house in SC or in Elko at the library so Rebecca doesn't have to drive so far and so we can just meet and see if we are a good fit for each other in terms of what we want to do.
          I'd love to talk with you guys. Call anytime, 775-299-4284 Erica

          --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "rstantonmomof2" wrote:

          > I am actually in Wells but have no problem driving to Spring Creek and meeting at your house. I am also open to any time!
          > Rebecca
          >
          > --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "sierranevada3344" wrote:
          > >
          > > Yes, I hope we do! I'm happy to meet at my house, let the kids play while we talk about what we want out of group-- ie just play or weekly schooling together, projects, etc. I hope we can get even more people intested. Are you guys in SC, or would a meeting at the Elko library be more convienent to you? Excited to get this going. My boy is really excited to meet new friends! What day/ time would be good for a first meeting? I'm pretty open to any time. Thanks, Erica
          > >
          > > --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn" wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Sounds like you may have the makings of a Spring Creek play group!

        • Pheyter
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 18, 2013
            Wednesday would be great!

            On Jan 18, 2013, at 1:58 PM, "dayseegerl@..."<dayseegerl@...> wrote:

            Hi Erica,
            Thank you for taking the initiative to get this started! I am gone that Tuesday to SLC :( how about Wednesday?

            Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

            [ECHO-NV] Re: New to NV and Homeschooling

            Amy and Rebecca,
            Okay, let's set something in motion. How about, Tues, Jan. 29th--10am?
            Does that time/day work for you guys? We could either meet at my house in SC or in Elko at the library so Rebecca doesn't have to drive so far and so we can just meet and see if we are a good fit for each other in terms of what we want to do.
            I'd love to talk with you guys. Call anytime, 775-299-4284 Erica

            --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "rstantonmomof2" wrote:

            > I am actually in Wells but have no problem driving to Spring Creek and meeting at your house. I am also open to any time!
            > Rebecca
            >
            > --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "sierranevada3344" wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes, I hope we do! I'm happy to meet at my house, let the kids play while we talk about what we want out of group-- ie just play or weekly schooling together, projects, etc. I hope we can get even more people intested. Are you guys in SC, or would a meeting at the Elko library be more convienent to you? Excited to get this going. My boy is really excited to meet new friends! What day/ time would be good for a first meeting? I'm pretty open to any time. Thanks, Erica
            > >
            > > --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Sounds like you may have the makings of a Spring Creek play group!

          • sierranevada3344
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
              Amy,
              I am very sorry that I spaced that today was the day we were supposed to get together. I only remembered after Rebecca called and told me she was unable to make it. I really am usually much more reliable than that! For some reason I had in my head that we were going to meet next week...I think because you said after you got back from SLC and we are also going to SLC this weekend, so my brain crossed them, thinking it was after I got back from SLC! SO very sorry and if you did go to the library to meet, I at least hope you got some good books! I talked to Rebecca this morning, though which was great, and we have a new date set up for THURSDAY JANUARY 31st at 11:00 AM at the Elko Library Children's side. ANYONE who wants to come and start a play/and home school group is welcome. My goal is to find every homeschooling family out there and get more local activities going, and help everyone new to HSing access friends and peers to help them in their journey. Please help get the word out and come! We need support in this journey! Thanks, Erica

              PS - Amy would you email my your phone #?

            • dayseegerl@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                Good morning :) it was for next week. No worries even if it had been today, (which I would have also spaced) we wouldn't have made it as we are all sick :( when I get my bearings I will message and make plans. Havea good day!