perfect day for books and science

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2012
      Hi homeschooling friends,
      Today is a perfect day for snuggling under a quilt and reading picture books (at least here in upstate NY). If you haven't read "Castaway Cats" by Lisa Wheeler, you will want to go scrounge a copy from your nearest library. Better yet - put a brand new copy under the tree (or pillow or however you celebrate Winter Solstice-Hanukkah-Christmas).

      Today is also STEM Friday and, maybe, not-the-end-of-the-world but a beginning of something new (I always make my "new year beginning" resolutions on the solstice). To celebrate the return of the sun I've posted something about sun daggers and Mayan calendars at

      ~Sue