lots of Science Resources today

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2012
      Today is STEM Friday, and I've posted reviews of two books that should get kids thinking.

      Over at Archimedes Notebook I focus on math with a new book, "Infinity & Me" by Kate Hosford. I've also got an interview with Kate about how she wrote the book, and why infinity - it is a rather abstract concept for kids (though, so is our current national debt of $16 trillion - who can get their mind around that number?). There are also some links to some interesting math sites and Kate's website where you can click on her "curriculum guides".

      Then, over at Sally's Bookshelf I review Melissa Stewart's "A Place for Bats" - and include a short 3-question author interview. Bats face a whole lot of challenges these days, from "white nose syndrome" to loss of habitat, so learning a bit more about these important pollinators/mosquito-controllers is vital.

      Remember to check out STEM Friday for other science/tech/engineering/math resources (easy links from both my blogs)

      And don't forget to look at the sky tonight for any late-to-the-party falling stars.
      ~Sue Heavenrich