Re: Summer Activity Sign-up Fair

  • Carolyn Steninger
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi Jeanette,
      Do you know if there is any kind of booklet or listing of the summer
      activities? It'd be nice to be able to look things up before going to
      the Sign-up Fair.
      Carolyn

      --- In ECHO-NV@yahoogroups.com, "jet31062" <jet31062@...> wrote:

      > The 2nd Annual Summer Activity Sign-up Fair is scheduled for April 28,
      > from 8-6:30 and April 29 from 8-2 at the Great Basin College High Tech
      > Center. Representatives from organizations offering children's summer
      > programs will be available to answer questions and to register
      > children for their programs.
      >
      > See you there!
      > Jeanette Hammons
      > Elko County Library

    • Carolyn Steninger
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 25, 2006
        The 2nd Annual Summer Activity Sign-up Fair is scheduled for April 28,
        from 8-6:30 and April 29 from 8-2 at the Great Basin College High Tech
        Center. Representatives from organizations offering children's summer
        programs will be available to answer questions and to register
        children for their programs.

        I called P.A.C.E who is putting the fair together to find out if there
        was a comprehensive schedule for the activities, but there is not. I
        made a suggestion that next year they encourage the participating
        organizations to take copies of their schedules to the library, so
        folks could have the information before hand. It might help if they
        heard this from others as well. If you want to get some information
        before the sign-up fair this weekend, here's what you might try:

        For those of you who do not get the newspaper, the Parks and
        Recreation Department has issued their summer schedule. This includes
        a list of swim lessons at the city pool. If you did not get one in the
        paper, contact Dawn Leyva at the City Parks and Rec. Dept.777-7261 I
        imagine she's got some there you could pick up.

        Great Basin College is reportedly going to have even more workshops
        than before. Call Pat Warren at GBC to find out more. GBC information
        738-8493 (Sorry, I don't know Pat's direct number)

        Carlin Trend/Rolling RocK Gallery has held summer science classes in
        the past. Call them for more info. 778-0668

        I know the Northeastern Nevada Museum is also planning some summer
        activities. I hope to have more information by tomorrow. You can call
        the museum 738-3418.

        This is not a complete list of participants, just the one's I thought
        of. I think it is great that someone thought to put this together.
        Maybe next year they'll have more information available ahead of time.