an albatross that survived tsunamis and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012
      The huge earthquake that rocked Japan nearly one year ago sent a tsunami across the ocean. Though we didn't hear much about it, the tsunami smashed into Midway atoll, killing thousands of albatrosses. One survivor is Wisdom, originally banded in 1956. Her story is featured in a new book, and I had the pleasure of interviewing the wildlife illustrator. Read more at http://archimedesnotebook.blogspot.com/2012/03/wisdom-albatross-blog-tour.html