LEGO Creation Contest
LEGO® CREATIONS CONTEST
LEGO® creations entries will be accepted from 9:00am Jan. 27th through Jan. 31st.
Prizes will be awarded in 5 categories: Family or Team, Individual - Preschool thru 1st grade; Individual – 2nd thru 4th grades; Individual - 5th thru 7th grades; and Individual – 8th grades thru Adult.
Voting will begin at 9:00am, Feb.1st through Feb. 3rd. Patrons may vote as often as they wish. Winners will be announced Feb 4th.
Within each category there will be two winners: 1st Place – 1 Runner-up. Winners will receive gift certificates for the Bookstore in the amounts of $20.00 and $15.00 respectively.
1. You will need to use your own building supplies. You may use LEGO®, Duplo, Megablocks, or other LEGO® compatible plastic brick. String, rubber bands, wire, tape, and glue may also be used in construction of the creation.
2. Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit, project found online, or in a magazine, etc.
3. Only 1 entry per individual participant or team will be eligible for the contest. However, individual participants may also participate in a family OR team entry. Family and team projects will be placed in the Family or Team Category regardless of the age of the members of the family or team.
4. Creations must fit within a space of 15 inches by 24 inches. Your completed project may be no taller than 15 inches tall.
5. Completed projects will be accepted from 9:00am, Jan. 27th until 5:00pm, Jan. 31st. Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form supplied by the library. A number will be assigned to each entry.
6. Creation owners may begin taking creation home starting Feb. 4th and projects MUST be taken home by 5:00pm, Feb 11th.
7. The Elko County Library will make every effort to keep each entry safe. The library cannot be held responsible for accidents or loss due to theft.